Not only is this the only book he wants to read, he wants to read it about five times. So tonight I tried to get him to read a new book "...before we read Goodnight Moon let's read this one!! And you can hold Goodnight Moon until we are done with this book. And then we will read it."
This is the book.
I thought it looked cute, entertaining and quick to get through so we could move on to Goodnight Moon, but yet at the same time maybe expand our book reading horizons.
No such luck.....
About 1 1/2 pages into "The Other Book" Wyatt popped open Goodnight Moon and put it front of the book I was reading to him and began to pretend in very adorable and varying tones like he was reading. (this is one of my favorite things he does - so cute as he pretends to read in his jibberish). So needless to say we were not successful this evening in expanding our literary horizons. He has many many many many books to choose from. He has a whole large basket in his room. I guess there is a reason that Goodnight Moon is over 60 years old and still a favorite.
Here is our book worm on Monday morning camped out watching daddy do chores from his perch in the house. I was getting ready and he was so quiet (never a good sign). But here I found him quietly watching daddy outside and having his morning sippy of Soy Milk. Such a good boy and so sweet and fresh in the morning.
One of my other favorite things (I have many) is after Wyatt is in bed, I love to look around the very quiet house at all the toys, books, shoes and other randomly scattered objects that have been a part of his play during the day. It's just crazy what chaos one little boy can cause. And it's even more baffeling to look at it all over when he is sleeping because it makes absolutely no sense. For instance here is what I surveyed tonight...
Red rubber books (which he wore all day and refused to take off. I had to take them off a tearful little boy at 8:00 p.m. for bed) & a toy John Deere tractor in the dining room? Now I know I took them off...but this is not where I took them off. So why are they in the dining room?
And here is his mower...abandoned in the living room...oh but wait is that a toy pliers in the background? Maybe he was doing some repair work before dinner this evening? Or maybe he was called away to help an estranged stuffed animal? Who knows?
And this...well this is just a disaster. Tractors and dump trucks and....mommy's flip flops? Oops I must have left those there. So anyways...a little goofy I am tonight...but I just love looking around at night and putting together the pieces that are left of Wyatt's adventures. Oh to know what is buzzing through his little mind.
So now for me....I say Goodnight Moon, Goodnight Cow Jumping Over the Moon.
They are totally random aren't they? Don't even attempt to make sense of it!!
ReplyDeleteOh remember when you always had to have everything in its place- all the time??!!
ReplyDeleteI miss Wyatt and hope to see him/you tomorrow- Papa said that Wyatt was a great encouragement today laying his head on his shoulder!!
Thanks for the new and refreshing perspective on scattered toys after bedtime. I should really appreciate the clutter...it means the kids had a grand time! I think I'll look at the scattered toys in a new light now...or at least I'll try! ;)
ReplyDelete