So...one of the first really nice days we had, I decided to pick Wyatt up from daycare and go get a treat at Dairy Queen (DQ). So I picked him up and we headed for our ice cream splurge. We got to DQ and ordered a Double Fudge Cookie Dough blizzard for us to share. We stepped off to the side to wait for our order. As we were waiting two high school guys entered, ordered and stepped behind me to wait for their order. Soon, my blizzard was done and the DQ gal yelled out "Double Fudge Cookie Dough". Before I could even react, one of the guys behind me snickered and said "jeepers that would go straight to your butt!!" Oh my word! I couldn't go claim that caloric disaster as my blizzard!! I was so embarrased. I wanted to yell out "I'm going to share!!" or "I go to the gym" or even "Hey I'm a mom I need this!!' Instead I stood there and waited....for what I'm not sure. But after a few moments of realizing there was no denying this was my order I tried to hold my head high and walk up to claim my big butt blizzard.
I grabbed it off the counter and turned around just in time to catch the glance of one of the young 'gentlemen' (I use this term loosely) behind me. He did seem a bit timid at the fact that he knew that I had heard what he said. I do have to say though one bite of that delectible treat and I had forgotten all about the ordeal.
Okay....well just had to throw that in there because I still laugh about it! Now on to our picture story of the day. Wyatt (& Mommy) get very dirty!
We got home pretty early today from work and daycare and it was beautiful out. A bit windy but quite warm. When we get home and get out of the car, Wyatt absolutely throws a fit when I make him go in the house while I change my clothes. So today I was dragging my feet to go in the house. I looked around at a few things in the yard and sat on the step and was "yaking" with my good friend Karen. (Thanks for the great chat by the way).
So as I was chatting Wyatt was tormenting our cat "Smokey".
Then he tried to put him in the wheel barrel.
He was so proud that he got the cat in there. "Look what I did mom!!"
Then he put the cat in the window well. (*Please don't look closely at our yard it's looking tough but I'm working on it)
Then Wyatt went in the window well!!
"Oh, man I think i'm going to need some help getting out!"
Well we headed in the house finally and mommy changed her clothes so we could work on that very sad, sad lawn you saw. We got the beast of a mower out (this is the mower that I used to mow my yard growing up with - so we'll call it vintage) and hooked up a little drag/rake do-dad. It worked slick! Until we ran out of gas.
Wyatt was not happy that we had to stop to fill with gas. Don't worry Grandma's the mower was not running when I took this.
You can't really see it but his face is so dirty! The dust/dirt was just sticking to him. The wind was making our yard project quite dusty. Well we stayed outside until about 7:00 tonight. We got a lot done and while the yard still needs HELP big time.....we made a small step of progress.
We came in the house, ate and had a bath. Can you see why we had a bath?
This was one dirty, tired little boy.
What a great day!
And this is the end result!
Night, night! So sweet!
How fun, Jess! Love the picture story - your little guy is so adorable. Reminds me of when Adam used to put our kittens in the back of his play car...he'd put them in the trunk and then sit on the trunk so they couldn't get out! Smokey and Wyatt will have many adventures this summer!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI loved the story and pictures.
ReplyDeleteLove you Jess! I love the cat...the poor thing!!! Although I think you missed a bit about the DQ story...I would like to hear what happened between the car and actually getting inside the DQ :)
ReplyDeleteOh yeah I did leave the part out about the fall didn't I?
ReplyDelete