Well we had our first frenzy of weather coverage on Saturday night. Tornado's and all. Luckily it was hours away and didn't touch us. But I did have Jon bring in my prized pot of flowers and take my bird bath down. Of course we didn't even get a drop or rain. Once again tonight there has been warnings and watches and we can just see the thunder heads floating over the horizon. I think we will probably get rain tonight. (more on this later)
We had a somewhat busy weekend after I thought it was going to be quiet.
Here is Wyatt and Jon having breakfast on Saturday morning together. Saturday we got some things done around the house but we also had a graduation party. My cousin Matt graduated from the Air Force as a Captain and also as a Doctor! (I think that is reason to celebrate!!) By the way what do you get someone that has just graduated from Med school? I'm still stumped?
Sunday found us at the lake once more. It was hot! And it was time for the dock to go in the water!
In goes the jet ski lift. Way to go guys! The gals sat on the deck and acted as moral support.
Next the dock. I think Jon is directing here.
So as soon as the dock was in and the jet skis were going guess who wanted to go....
Oh yes my dare devil, no fear, no worries, go for the glory son - Wyatt Twirp (Jon and I have given him this new knick name as he is 19 months going on 2 1/2)
Oh yes he went with Papa on the jet ski. If it has a motor he wants to be a part of it. 4-Wheelers, tractors, mowers...you name it. I must say that Papa is about the only other person besides his father that I would put him on a jet ski with. Sorry Uncle Sam but you go too fast.
We finally peeled him on the jet ski and put him in the sand! He loved this as well.
After a long day, a bonfire and some fireworks we finally got the little dare devil to bed! He slept hard!
So back to the severe weather...not only did I make Jon take the bird bath down and bring my flower pot in the house....we also had the weather radio on loud alerts and several mag-lite flash lights posted on the night stands ( I had a small spare flashlight in the drawer that I didn't tell Jon about just in case - he thinks I'm nuts already). Just to give you a glimpse into my storm freaked mind I actually laid in bed thinking about how if the tree outside fell on the house, would I hear it in time to out of bed....and I even thought about getting out of bed and emailing someone my Last Will and Testament about who should care for Wyatt. Yes I have a problem! So I'm working on this. I miss my teenage basement bedroom!
I used to be scared as a kid...but Jess, come on...we ARE adults and NEED to set an example for the little ones :)
ReplyDelete