Well it seems we are always on the go, the run, the fly, the hop....you name it. For those of you that know us this comes as no surprise. We are always trying to be home more and it seems that we aren't that good at it.
Yesterday Wyatt had a doctor's appointment in Sioux Falls as a consult to see if we need to have his tonsils out as he had strep four times this past winter. Here is our crazy journey!I totally busted Jon playing with the magnetic sand table. Wyatt isn't even around to blame it on.
Jon realizing that I busted him.
Jon acting cool. His exact words were "This is not bloggable!!" He claims he had never seen one of these before. I'm not sure I buy it.
Then we had to make a quick stop at Target but first we swung through SF Ford and picked up Aunt Mallory while her oil was getting changed. She helped Wyatt find all kinds of great things he didn't need at Target. Like this baseball helmet. He looks like one of those things on the original Mario Bro's....the little black helmet things...anybody...?
The helmet playing with a toilet plunger. Aunt Mallory found all kinds of fun stuff for Wyatt. The helmet, a soccer ball, a Twin's Mauer t-shirt.....we only walked out with the Mauer shirt and I think that was due to a weakness in Wyatt's daddy. Then we ran to the mall and mommy got to pick-out her Mother's Day present a brand new pair of cowgirl boots. A fancy pair since my good pair is now my work pair. Nothing says Happy Mother's Day like new boots! Try not to be jealous. I should have had Jon take pictures of this. There were boots out all over. I can't make up my mind about what kind of shampoo to buy...so picking out new boots took a little bit of time. Thanks for your paitience everyone!
Then as we usually do when we are in Sioux Falls and have time we had to stop for Caribou. Jon had his White Chocolate Mocha (he gets the same thing everytime and I'm not sure how he does this with so many yummy things to try) and I had my new never tried before coffee. We got out to the Jeep and Wyatt took off in the parking lot. So Jon set his coffee on the top of the Jeep and ran after him. Well....I was putting the stroller in the back and shut the door just in time to hear Jon say "no...no....oh....no....." The force of shutting the door knocked his coffee over which then spilled down the front windshield and all over the hood. I opened up the back door to put Wyatt in to see a stream of creamy liquid running down the windshield. (I wanted to take a picture but Jon would not have appreciated it - he was not happy.) Jon was so bummed. So I bolted back in to the Caribou in hopes that the gal would just give me another one. No luck. $4.48 later I was back in the car with a new White Chocolate Mocha and a happier hubby. We then headed due north to Great Grandpa Mills' 84 Birthday dinner.
Wyatt was quite crabby as he was disturbed from his afternoon nap to go to his doctor's appointment. So I let him play with my phone. He looks like a texting wizard!
Always being silly!
This has nothing to do with our day yesterday...except that we are crazy. This is Jon wearing Wyatt's new safety glasses he got with his Lowe's apron. So funny and I wasn't sure I would ever fit it in to a post. So I'm slipping it in.
Okay well we made it just in time for dinner with family for Grandpa's Birthday. We had nice time and I'm kicking myself that I didn't get a picture of all of us at dinner. Wyatt was quite tired and restless so he kept us distracted from most of the conversation. He ended up going outside with Papa to run for a while.
We brought him home to bed and Jon and I headed outside to mow quick before the sun set. With all the running you gotta pack it all tightly into each day. Before we fired up the mowers here is a pic I snapped of the sun setting. So lovely! We get the best views of the sun setting.
Now today we are back at it...Jon's golfing, I'm trying to pick up the house (Wyatt seems to undo more than I can do) and I need to be at a Bridal Shower by 11:00! Life is busy but we are so blessed and it is such a great journey each day.
Ahh crazy days with the Hardt's...never a dull moment!! I love busting big men with baby toys...always fun!
ReplyDelete