Lately I have been challenged quite a bit. Challenged by life's circumstances, the never ending question "why?". Challenged by seeking God's plan for my life and convicted of worrying about the outcome and the weight that comes with providing for a family of FOUR! (Sometimes I still can't believe that.) I guess worrying is my job as a husband, dad, and leader of our family, right? Or is there something I am missing? Am I not trusting God enough? Or is this what God has planned for me? If so, why am I not content?
Jess and I have discussed these things at length over the last few weeks. Monday she sent me an email that, strangely enough, I had sent to her in February of 2006. The basic jist of the email, was to TRUST GOD. Simple as that. He promises to work all things, even the bad, for good in our lives. The writer of this email directed us to take a simple test. It takes 120 seconds, or two minutes. Easy right? OK. Get a piece of paper and on one side write as many blessings in your life you can think of. Then after the first 60 seconds are done, flip the paper over. On this side, list as many worries you can think of in 60 seconds. Then go back to the blessings and think about if any of those things were ever on your worries list. If so, those items are proof that God WILL take care of us.
Here are a few of my blessings:
He is amazing.
He is amazing.
She is amazing.
I love them all.
Thanks for letting me share what's going on in my life. I understand if you think I am crazy:)
And just remember--
"When you got one foot in yesterday, and the other in tomorrow- yer pissin' all over today"

Love it....
ReplyDeleteWe are gonna find a weekend to take a ride on the Bike to visit you guys...