Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The 5th of July

The 5th of July is somewhat like the day after Christmas. The 4th of July is the culmination of everything American and summer. And I heart summer!!  Food, fellowship and fireworks.

The 5th of July is just another day of summer....Ahh I digress.

Here are some pictures from our weekend. It had quite the start on Friday as a nasty storm ripped through our farm. I called Jon from work as he was home with the boys and I saw it was getting dark out. He was headed to the basement. I hung up the phone - and then it hit me "Jon is going to the basement! Oh my, this MUST be a bad storm!" Thank the good Lord everyone was alright and we lost some trees and our mailbox but my boys were safe. I was at work. Jon says he is glad I was not home.

This is a picture of a bin site just east of our house. 


Yikes! I meant to take pictures of our yard....but we were in such a hurry to get it cleaned up I forgot. 

Later in the evening my brother Casey surprised us all and arrived at my parents house with his wife Laura and son Noah. We were planning on Laura coming in the days to follow but had no idea we would get to see Casey as well. We had not seen them since Thanksgiving. The police officer is my other brother Sam who was surprised to see Casey when he got off duty. I tried to catch his reaction but no luck. 


Here is Harvey patiently waiting to go to the lake while Mommy packs up all the bags. (Notice his flip-flops! Thanks Laura O. My boys need to like flip flops)
Wyatt joined him! Aren't they cute.


We finally made it to the lake and I even got a picture while Wyatt's sunscreen was drying. I don't think he sat still like this the rest of the day. He loves the water. 

Here is my first "real" cheesecake ever. Very festive! It was an okay first try but I hope to do better next time! Although it still tasted great.
I didn't get many pictures of the days happenings on the 4th. Having two children at the lake is little more time consuming. We did manage to get a family picture. 


I love these boys! 


Here is Harvey. 16 weeks I can hardly believe it. Makes us smile. 

Today as it was just plain old July 5th - we had to think of something fun to do. So we took the boys to the park to play with their extremely fun Aunt Lauren and Uncle Chris. 


Here is Chris and Wyatt having an adventure of some kind. I think they were dinosaurs maybe? Whatever they played it wore little Wyatt out. He crashed tonight after a bath and great books with Daddy.
What a great weekend! Thank you God for a great country and please bless those that fight to keep it that way.

Good Night!






1 comment:

  1. We didn't grt any of that beautiful cheesecake. Next time, Okay?

    ReplyDelete