Friday, July 15, 2011

A Few Weeks of July

So....it's been a while since I've been up for blogging. On July 6th my Grandmother left this earth and we had to say good-bye. It was very hard. However, after a battle with Alzheimer's for several years she was released from her suffering. Today I finally took all the pictures off my camera from the past weeks. Time to update everyone on the Hardt's.


Here's the whole clan. It's been a while since we have all been together. Not the way we want to come together but it was good family time. 

I may be the oldest, but I'm for sure the shortest.



Here are the little boys. What is with all the boys in this family? Good thing they are cute!




Aren't they cute. 
Okay Last One!


 Finally, some girls!

The weekend brought us the Arts Festival, which of course means scorching temps and also a visit from Nana B and Papa Pat. 

Here is Nana getting some giggles out of Harvey.

Harvey had a big weekend. Rice cereal. It's helping him sleep. 


Jon also had a big weekend. We had two year old nursery duty. Jon gave a impromptu puppet show with this kangaroo. I wish I had video to post of his performance. I was rolling......

Here is a dark sky......it made me very nervous. But no storm for us this time. 
Monday we celebrated Sam's 25th Birthday. My little brother - okay younger brother.

Harvey is still mastering rice cereal!! What a mess, but what a sweety!

Oh Mr. Harvey you give us so much joy!

We got to meet Makena Joy this week! Another sweet baby. They are such a gift.
What fun this second generation of cousins will have. 

And now a sunset.....a sunset taken from the window of my Grandmother's house where I live. 


Here is a poem my cousin Ashley wrote and read at my Grandmother's funeral. 


That’s My Grandma---

That’s My Grandma.
I feel so lucky
that life hand-picked her
to be there for me.

From peanut butter balls to banana bread
to my Princess Jasmine cake,
she was a woman of action
never taking a break.

That’s My Grandma.
A Hero in disguise--
she could read minds
with one look in your eyes.

That’s My Grandma.
She cherished her farm;
she fancied her kitties
who fancied her charm.

That’s My Grandma.
She drove a huge van,
where we met Red Skelton-
a crazy, crazy man.

That’s My Grandma.
She loved me so much,
a pro at visiting
and staying in touch.

That’s My Grandma.
But it was so true:
if you knew her at all,
she was your grandma, too.

That’s My Grandma.
And forever will be.
That’s My Grandma.
She’s sticking with me.


I love you Grandma!




No comments:

Post a Comment