It can not be August already...because:
*We have not gone to the pool (not even once!)
*My summer project list is not even 1/2 completed, in fact I'm not even sure what pile my list is in?
*We have not been to a waterpark.
*This means Harvey is five months old and that cannot be!
*There have not been near enough days at the lake (I feel my tan fading already)
*There are only a number of weekends left (you can count them on one hand) before Labor Day
*I'm not ready to see the school supplies out when I go to Target and Wal-Mart
I love summer and it cannot be August already! I could keep going on but I won't. You get the idea. I'm in denial here!
I digress...here is what took place at the end of July.
I digress...here is what took place at the end of July.
Here is Harvey and Mommy. He had his 4 1/2 month check up in July - 17lbs 7 oz.
Our friends Joel and Cara visited in July. Cara was very gracious and gave all the boys haircuts.
Last Sunday (when it was August already but I was not admitting it) it was hot and muggy. I love this weather but Jon is not really a fan. So he and the boys cooled off poolside. Wyatt was watering daddy so he would grow.
Here are all my boys. Too bad they don't all look a like!
He is growing so fast. His smiles melt my heart.
So we moved the little pool to the deck on Sunday night so that Wyatt could play in it while mommy was in the kitchen. Here is what I looked out to see Monday early evening while making dinner....
Ahhum....daddy should have given some more specifics on when it is appropriate to go potty outside. It's his new favorite thing. He even tried to drop drawers a few weeks ago when we were outside at DQ. Luckily, he was stopped in the nick of time. Once again...glad we are in the country.
August also means corn-on-the cob season (a.k.a. corn-on-the cob with every meal season).
Wyatt enjoyed eating it like daddy this year. Last year we would cut it off the ear for him.
Harvey is a happy eater as well. He's getting good at the cereal thing.
It's also crazy that it's August already because that means our anniversary!
Jon and I celebrated our 6th Anniversary last night with a much needed date night to Sioux Falls. We had a great dinner downtown, a walk at the falls and Cold Stone! :) Thanks to Nana Jo and Papa for watching our two precious little ones so we could have some time away. On the way to Sioux Falls last night, in the unfamiliar quietness Jon and I were discussing how six years ago we were in love, but had no idea what love really was or what it would do. We both agreed that our love has grown. Through the good, the bad, and the ugly. Thank you for your prayers as marriage is a journey. We love each other more today than we even knew we could six years ago. I'm so blessed to be on this journey with my loving co-captain Jonathan. I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment