Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday...a week later..

Well I knew I was behind on cleaning, and planning and cooking....but I didn't realize how behind I was on blogging. I better get right to it. Here's last week's recap.


Last Tuesday I got home later than usually from work. It had rained hard on Monday night and stepping out of my Jeep the strong aroma of cattle knocked me over. I gathered my purse, my bag of notebooks pens etc... and my work-out bag (yes I have lots of baggage) and walked into the house. I was greeted by one of the most wonderful aroma's i've ever smelled.


Jon's second Pioneer Woman Recipe: Spicy Pulled Pork! I'm not sure which made me more giddy...the smell or the fact that dinner was ready when I got home.

Wednesday...oh Wednesday

Wyatt did not have a great nap day, so this made for an interesting evening. He was wearing only a swim diaper, his sandals and his new bug hat from Nana B. He was in the flowers....



He was in the sprinkler. I think he was saying "Chill mom. What's the big deal?"



And he was on the bench. Wyatt was roaming everywhere! (kind of sounds and looks like a Dr. Seuss book)

Thursday we went over to the lake after supper for a pontoon cruise as Aunt Sally was visiting from the city of .....EUREKA!


Here's Wyatt all ready to go on the boat. This picture just makes me smile!



Ah sisters!!



Wow look!  A picture of Wyatt and mommy! That rarely happens!


This picture is priceless! Wyatt and his Great Grandpa. So sweet!

Friday: The pool and "SWWWIM"

Wyatt loves the water!! So Friday Nana Jo and I took him to the Brookings Aquatic Center.



Wyatt had a blast. He especially loved the fountains in the middle of the pool that he could stick his foot on. And they he would say...


"Where'd it go?"


Saturday I ran my first official 5k Race with my brother Sam, sister-in-law Mallory, Cousin Jake and Wife Tara, and brother Chris! My Grandpa (5 time Boston Marathon finisher) was loving it.



Here's me crossing the finish line. My goal was to do the race in under 28 minutes and I did! I was 27 mins and some change...
After the race Sam and Chris were teaching Wyatt how to do push-ups. It's a little early guys...


Then Saturday afternoon we helped Sam celebrate his 24th birthday ( a day early). Sam taught Wyatt how to put a bucket of water on his head.....all these great things that Uncles are teaching him.

Saturday night we had some interesting clouds roll in.



It was eery as the clouds were rolling in and the sun was still out...





I think I should get some credit here for making progress towards my fear of storms. I actually went outside by myself to take these pictures...thank you very much!

Sunday we went to the Brookings Arts Festival. A must if you've never attended! We didn't stay long. Just enough time to get some yummy food (Jon had a Deep Fried Snickers..yummo!) and check out some of the booths. Wyatt was very tired when we left and fell asleep in the car with his prized find at the park...his stick!



Don't worry I took it out of his hands as soon as I took the picture.

We had a nap and then back outside Sunday evening to play!



Helping Daddy put up a new light...



A little swim in the pool.....


A rollover in the "beep beep"



"PASTA" Wyatt's favorite and then bath and bed!

There is our week in review!


1 comment:

  1. You should take more pics of "Mom and Wyatt" I like them :)

    ReplyDelete