Friday, October 28, 2011

Phyllis Schreck Meets Her Man

I think I mentioned in a previous post that we went to Cherry Berry in Sioux Falls for Jon's Birthday. 

Funny story.....but first a bit of historical background to the story:

Ever since I was quite a bit younger my Uncle James has called me "Phyllis Schreck" - - because I am very afraid of storms  and if there is even a chance of severe weather I'm glued to the computer or T.V. coverage and watching the skys. And also Uncle James gives everyone a nickname.  This one is his pick for me. I guess it's better than my brothers "Fat Sam"...?

 So back to the story... we were at Cherry Berry for Jon's birthday. He had just flown in from California where he spent the week for work.



Here are my boys enjoying their yummy treat. 

Well in walks Phil Schreck to Cherry Berry. Of course Jon knows I have my camera so he tells me "Go ask him to take a picture with you for Uncle Jim!!" 

"NO! I said! He's with his family I'm not going to bug him"

And so I thought the story would end. 

Jon went to the bathroom to warm up Harvey's bottle, he returned and Harvey was eating....all was good. A few minutes later Phil Schreck walked over to where we were sitting. "Hey guys!" He said just like we were all friends. 

I instantly knew that Jon had put him up to this. Oh my word how embarrassing. I later found out that Jon asked him in the bathroom to come over to embarrass me. It worked!!

I proceeded to tell Phil the story of my nickname "Phyllis" he laughed and thought it was funny. 

And then we took a picture.

He is not real tall because I was wearing my healed boots. 

And that is the story of how Phyllis met her man. 


2 comments:

  1. LOL!! Just catching up on your blog, Jess - you do a great job!! I always wondered what men talked about in the restroom!! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete