Thursday, October 27, 2011

Three Years -Where Have You Gone

Last Sunday, October 23rd we celebrated Wyatt's third birthday. Three years doesn't seem like a long time. However, I started thinking about the last three years. When Wyatt was born (after a very long labor) Jon and I had been married for three years. At that point in my life I couldn't remember what life alone was like. So after those three years, we embarked on our next journey together....children. Jonathan Wyatt Hardt was born at 11:28 p.m. (after 23 1/2 hours) on October 23, 2008. He weighed 8lbs 10oz and was 21.5 inches long. Our lives changed forever. 

Now he is three (going on 13) and I have no idea what Jon and I did before he was born. I'm pretty sure our house was cleaner, the checkbook a little fuller and sleep was an all night event. But I wouldn't change things for anything.  I'm so blessed to have two healthy and thriving boys.


Wyatt Ready for Cake



Playing shy....




Checking out the cake.





And the 1/2 cheese smile!



And here is the full cheese! We were making chocolate cupcakes for Wyatt to take to daycare. I'm very proud that he specifically asked for chocolate cupcakes.



Taste testing is a must!




M & M Monogrammed cupcakes




There were presents and more presents. This little boy is loved.


I'm sure the next three years will go very fast. Too fast.
3 will be 6 and 6 will be 9 all too quickly.
Pre-school will turn to grade school and soon cooking dates with mommy and songs at bedtime will be a thing of the past. So for now I will do my best to enjoy the minutes that turn to days, and the days that turn to weeks.

Happy Birthday Buddy!






No comments:

Post a Comment