It's been busy. Jon has been traveling with his job quite a bit and it seems between keeping the house live-able, meals and bedtime, I'm whipped by the time things quiet down. I've also found a new online friend.....it is called Pinterest. So fun! Crafts and projects to keep me busy through several blizzards this winter. Pinterest has also pushed on my insecurity button. The pressure to be super mom.
Crafting, cooking, cleaning, and having constant euphoria in my house. I even considered changing my blog format to start doing recipes and crafts.....and then I remembered that I started a blog to document our lives and preserve it for our children. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with crafting, recipe sharing etc.... but especially this time of year I push myself dangerously close to going over the line.
There is no such thing as super mom and my wonderful husband keeps reminding of that. But with the season of baking, party hosting, perfect gift giving, Christmas letter writing, and on and on......it's hard not to try and do IT ALL. But one can't. So I will humbly offer some pictures of our wonderful family adventures. The chaos. The messy floors. The mismatched outfits. You name it! I love it!
Halloween:
We had a Buzz Lightyear and a small little - well a green monster!
Our friend Amber joined us as daddy was out of town and mommy needed an extra hand getting
Buzz and little Monster in and out of the car!
Buzz and little Monster in and out of the car!
Isn't he cute!
Wyatt loved being Buzz! He kept saying "To 'finity and beyond"
In November Jon's brother Chris and his wife Kari and their kids came to visit us in Brookings.
We had lots of fun swimming (Wyatt even swam on his own with his floaties)....
And bowling! Wyatt loved it. He stood and watched for the balls after everyone's turn.
Hmm... maybe a plumbing career in his future...? :)
Ahh sweet Uncle Chris and Harvey.
Luckily the camera was not 'handy' when I "bit it" and totally sprawled myself into lane 9. It was quite something. And the sad part is I totally twisted my ankle. So pathetic.
Daddy's been gone for work several nights a week lately. So lots of Daddy time when he is home.
Wyatt loves playing horsey. I think it's getting a little hard on Daddy's knees.
Ah my boys!
Wyatt continues to crack us up. He loves his "monster jammies" and ice cream as a treat before bed.
One night several weeks ago Wyatt was supposed to be sleeping Jon was gone for work and Wyatt yelled from bed "Mom, I can't go to sleep you never gave me knuckles!" I never give Wyatt knuckles before bed....that kid is clever.
Here's a very silly mommy letting Wyatt take my picture.
Here is our little crawler! Yes Harvey is mobile and all over the house. I forgot how things change when they become mobile!
This guy is the sweetest....and his big blue eyes melt me.
Good Morning!
This was the sunrise last weekend. Amazing.
And that is our family happenings. The kitchen is a mess, the bathroom needs scrubbing and I haven't even started my Christmas shopping. But we've been good.
Nice bib on Harvey...and I wish I could have seen you in the bowling alley...I always need a good laugh :) Love you!
ReplyDelete