A year ago for his 1st birthday he got a battery powered John Deere tractor from Papa Pat and Nana B and Uncle Chris. He tried to climb on and pushed the pedal starting the tractor into motion. He was terrified. The tractor became a stationary fixture in our living room as a on/off toy that did not move. The wagon that came with was a handy toy-box for these months of it's quiet life. One day in October, I decided it was time to try again. So I hauled it outside and put Wyatt in the driver's seat.
The first go with mommy holding down the pedal and he's still not sure what to think....
And then the realization of the excitement and freedom at his fingertips or really at his foottips.....
And then the get-a-way......"bye bye Mommy"....
And then Daddy catches him and tries to help him steer.
He wanted to drive his tractor by the big tractor!!
And that is the end of the stationary tractor/toy box in our living room!
I am coming to drive that BIG tractor.... please please please...
ReplyDeleteOh boy, I won't even think about showing Luke these pictures or Wyatt will have a permanent friend at his house!!!! :)
ReplyDelete