Tonight we are home - cozy on the couch eating some popcorn as a Thunderstorm rolls in. Dear Lord protect the wonderful crops from the hail and the wind.
When we got home today Wyatt and I worked outside mowing and weeding and picking up the yard. It is such a long process getting a yard all nice and trim. I was discouraged at the way the sticks had fallen today in the wind, the weeds are growing and the stumps need to be removed. So when I came in the house I had to pull a photo from last fall when we started the process. Here it is:
This is what our sweet abode looked like when we began last fall.
And this - kind of sad.
And look at the baby in the window. That's Wyatt. When did he get so big?
And here is our yard this evening (Picture taken before the thunderstorm - there will be many more sticks to pick-up in the morning).
Look at this baby now! He's so big!
The flowers are looking very nice. I'm going to have to rearrange next year now that I know how big things will get and what does the best on the west side of the house. (Notice the curtains are closed to 1. keep the living room cooler and 2. hide the mess of toys)
Wyatt in the beep-beep. Stay out of mommy's flowers!! :)
Even the cat likes the yard better now.
Here is my sweety getting all grown-up. He is such a help. And we love him!
Always good to get a little perspective on things right?! I've totally been in the same spot thinking, "Man, we need to make more progress on this, or do that or this project has been waiting forever" (and I say it very dramatic-like which really helps the situation). BUT it's so good to go back, look or remember where you started and be grateful/thankful for what's been accomplished thus far. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete