Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Texas Trip

Wow...August 17th and only my second post. This is not because it's been a slow month that is for sure.

Last week we drove to Wichita Falls, TX to Sheppard Air Force Base for my younger brother Casey's graduation from ENJJPT. Or as I tell people "Fighter Pilot Training". He got his wings. Here are a few of the highlights from the trip.
This is Wyatt on his "phone" on the way in the car. He was a pretty good guy considering it's a 12-13 hour drive.



Friday morning we got to get a tour of the base from Casey and meet the rest of his class. This is Casey showing the group what a morning briefing is like.



Casey showing us his G-Suite, parachute and helmet.



Here is Wyatt and I on the bus waiting to go see the jets. Did I mention it was a 106 degrees out?



This is a picture of my sister-in-law Mallory's plain flying in from D.C. we were on the bus out on the air strip. We waved but she didn't see us.



Here is us standing outside very close to the jets as they take off. It was incredible.
We got some nice video but I'm not sure how to get that on the blog. Fellow bloggers any help on this?



After lunch we went to the simulators. Here's Laura in the flight simulator.



And Sam...




And Jon with instruction from Casey and Grandpa looking on.



Wyatt got a little antsy waiting for everyone to spend time in the "sim".....
Speaking of Wyatt - time for bed. More pics tomorrow! (I Promise)

2 comments:

  1. Love it! What a fun trip. And you look beautiful for 106 degress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uploading a video is actually quite as simple as pictures. Just click on the video upload instead of a picture upload. It takes awhile to load sometimes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete