Sunday, September 11, 2011

Caution: Busyness Ahead

August 23rd. That is the last time I sat down at the computer and published a blog entry.  It's been on my "to do" list for the past three weeks. And it's really the only thing I've wanted to do on my "to do"list. It seems I get to the point in the day where I may actually have time to sit down in silence at the computer and instead I'm off to bed.  We have an almost 6 month old that has reverted to "party all night" mentality.  I'm thinking about changing the name of my blog to Journal of a Sleep Deprived Scattered Mommy. But in hopes that he will eventually return to sleeping through the night, and the title being completely off; I will leave it.


I did actually sit down a few times at the computer in the last few weeks and start an entry, only to delete it and start a partial new one a week or so later. So here are some of the titles that will remain forever unpublished.  If you cannot contain your curiosity, email me at jesshardt@hotmail.com for the rest of the story :)

"If I Only Had a Brain- Forgetting things that I shouldn't forget"

"Poo on my Sock"

"BK (Before Kids)"

"6 Pints of Salsa"

But today is September 11th and we have moved beyond those titles to today's. I'm convinced that "busyness" is a destroyer of sanity, solitude, and special family time. And also the hot topic of this blog!

While I try so hard to not be busy, it seems to sneak up and wreak havoc on our life anyways. So I'm learning how to manage the busyness and not be distracted away from the things that are the meaning in life.

Okay so where to begin on the busyness that has gone on since August 23rd.....well looking back at my pictures there are alot since then.


In August we gathered at cabin near Waterville, MN with two my college roommates and closet friends. Between the three of us there were nine children, and I believe the oldest one was 7! However, the weekend went very well and we had a great time. We look forward to hopefully being able to do this in the years to come and watching our kids become friends.


Wyatt and Jentzen already became buds over the few days we were playing at the lake. So cute!


Harvey was great all weekend! I was worried as his "party during the night" stage started getting worse days before we headed out for the weekend. He did great though. Better than home....? Maybe we need to move to a cabin? Or just refer to our house as a "cabin"? or Maybe he needed a vacation as well?



Here are my buds! We had a great time with lots of laughs and even some time for girl talk while the dads watched the kids. It was a much needed weekend!

On the way back home we stopped in Mankato and got to have lunch with Nana B and Papa Pat.

Wyatt got a ride on the merry-go-round at the mall and mommy got a dizzy headache for the rest of the day. I don't do well on things that go round and round and round.....
Here is our eager little guy waiting for a book before bed.


Here are all my boys! So cute.
and a bit goofy! 




We've had some beautiful pontoon cruises lately. This was a sunset champagne cruise to celebrate Jon's new job! God is good!
Beautiful!

My favorite ladies and Harvey!



Here is where I found Wyatt the other day. When I asked him what he was doing he said he was hiding his cookie from Callie. Callie is our yellow lab. Oh Wyatt.

We had our first brother bath last month. It actually went quite well and we have had a couple since. Harvey loves to splash and Wyatt loves to splash so it works quite well for them. Not so great for the bathroom floor. 

Well that's August all wrapped up for you. Now hopefully if I stay on track I can give updates as September rolls along in our house. I didn't think it was a busy month but in trying to schedule a family night with another family we discovered that October 22nd was the first time we were both open. Sick! Busyness rears it's ugly head again.


No comments:

Post a Comment